Sunday 16 October 2011

17 Gold Glitter Crackle & Femme Noir

There has been a little bit of a hoo ha about this new 17 black/ gold/ glitter crackle, at least as far as I'm concerned because a) I've seen it being raved about in a couple of blogs, b) I heard 2 girls talking about it in Starbucks on Friday and c) my friend bought it and she hates crackles more than anything!

As you know, I'm not a big fan of crackles either. I just can't seem to make them work (unless I'm using it for some type of nail art only). I wanted to like them, I really did but deep down the love just wasn't there, Lol!

So, I don't know why I gave this one a go! I think it was partly because I told myself that it's not just a normal crackle, it has coarse glitter in it! It also reminds me of some sort of reptile skin. And... I can't believe I'm saying this but I quite like it! I won't be using it regularly but it's a good polish to have when you want to jazz up a chipped mani in a rush!

I was a bit lost as to what colour to use as a base so I decided to use a complementary colour instead of going for contrast - Miss Sporty Gold Backstage which is a very soft champagne kind of gold.

If the pics looks strange it's because this is my right hand. I never photograph my right hand but I messed up my left hand by layering on the crackle too thickly :(




17 are also running an offer at the moment. If you purchase any three 17 products, you get a free "Femme Noir" gift set which contains:

*17 Ultimate Volume LipGloss in Very Berry - This is one of those highly pigmented lip glosses. It has pretty good staying power, I wore it to dinner and when I got back home, there were still signs of it! However, I wanted the colour to be closer to the box image, I like that very dark stained berry colour, it looks so vampy!

*17 Glitter Eyeshadow in Night Sky - A charcoal eyeshadow with almost invisible duochrome glitter. I had to use a wet brush for the swatch below as the eyeshadow on it's own didn't impress much.

*17 Liquid Liner in Black - not much to say anout this one. Looks like a standard black liquid liner and I'm not sure about quality and durability yet because I haven't tried it.

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Mmm not crazy about the polish; on the other hand the gloss looks promising

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's some glitzy crackle business!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The crackle looks great! I haven't seen too many glitter crackles before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, come on, not you too!!! I'm gonna die over this crackle. It looks very nice on you, by the way. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this crackle is a must have! love it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks nice, but I'm not sure I like a crackle having two colors to it.. It would be less fun to pair with other colors for me, since my choices would be more limited! :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...