Monday 27 August 2012

An Almost Rainbow of Butterflies

Today's mani which I did about a week ago, started out as an experiment. I had never stamped with more than one colour before and I wanted to find out how easy or difficult it is because I like the final results so much. It turns out, it's quite simple and not very messy as long as you work fast (if you are using regular polish).


The 3 colours I used are very cheap polishes (I don't like to waste my good polish on stamping) and I think it came out really well. The colours are vivid and show enough for my liking. I got quite a few compliments on this mani. A few people asked me if I was wearing stickers or press-ons, so I guess that's a compliment. At one point I just said yes after I tried to explain to the first girl that it's all polish and stamped with 3 different colours. She looked confused and sceptical!


Pin It

21 comments:

  1. Love how this turned out! I've always wanted to try something like this, but I don't have any bright nail polishes that stamp great in my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super, I love multicolour stamping!!! Hehe, when I'm konading my nails, people ask either if I wear stickers, or if I painted the patterns myself with a brush. After I tried to explain the concept of stamping, I just gave up and now I say yes to whatever they assume it is :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Might have to try that some time! Would be lovely doing it with some sort f block or line pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a fantastic job there, Vanessa!
    Absolutely beautiful! I need to try that sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! And yes... the stickers/press on things, so many people ask and I just ended up telling the it's a sticker hahah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Soooo cute!
    I have this plate too. For the first time I feel an urge to use it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried multi colours with this very same plate but it didn't come out anywhere near as good as yours. It looks perfect and has inspired me to try again xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, I love this manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so gorgeous!!! Love the colours you picked! LOL It's funny when people don't "get" it..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...