Monday 11 February 2013

My Dark Valentine

Today I have a Valentines Day mani to show you. It's a little bit on the dark side but I wasn't in the mood for pink. I wear pink quite often but for some reason, never feel like wearing it around Valentines!

I've always wanted to see what NYX Dorothy looks like matte so this was the perfect occasion to do so. I love this polish, a black jelly base packed with large hex and small red glitter. I'll definitely wear it again on it's own very soon! The thumb and pointer are just a regular black creme mattified with Essie Matte About You.

I stamped the ring finger with the Born Pretty lovely heart m59 stamping plate which at the time seemed like a good idea but I'm not really a fan of how it turned out. The bubbling hearts are too sweet for the look I was going for but then again, it's the only detail that keeps it withing the Valentine these! I also added some loose hex glitter pieces to the ring finger for a slight french tip.


Pin It

8 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful!!! I don't get the urge to wear pink for Valentine's day either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to use NYX Dorothy in a Valentine's Day manicure! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous! I love the mattification!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous! Love it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now this is the sort of v-day mani I can get on board with. Down with all the cutesy fluffy stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your dark take on Valentines Day. (:

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...